Friday, September 20, 2013

7 Quick Takes: Take 26 (or something like that)

Well, 2 weeks and 3 days later here I am in the hospital.  Still pregnant (remarkably) and somehow I haven't gone completely stir crazy.  I am officially 26 weeks and 5 days pregnant and hoping and pray we make it to the 28 week mark on  9/29.  In an effort to stay busy and positive here goes my 7 takes for this week...

***1***

I thought I would start off on a positive note and tell you things about hospital life that make it not so bad.  The first is, since I was a little I loved chewing ice, I think the hospital has the best freaking ice out there!!  It's got perfect crunch to it.  Plus, they always make sure I have a cold ice water bedside 24 hours a day.  It's wonderful.  Second, someone makes me bed every day.  Clean sheets, nicely made bed, pillows fluffed.  It's great.  I take a shower and when I return I have a lovely bed to return to.  Lastly, the nurses are wonderful.  They've listened to me cry, laughed with me, told me funny stories, and even let me sleep in from time to time.  I don't know how I would survive without them honestly.

***2***

I have to say one of the hardest things is having a roommate.  It's not that I am a total bitch, it's just this is such a stressful situtation to start with and it's hard when someone else is in here.  My nerves are shot and I have a short fuse due to all the stress, so it's fair to say that my patience (which was never very good in the first place) is wearing thin.  Something like a Jerry Springer marathon is enough to throw me over the edge!  Or their husbands who use the patient bathroom for roughly 20 minutes and 4 flushes (if you catch my drift), when we are doing everything we can to make sure I don't get any type of infection, despite the large sign that states "patients only" on the door.  I would welcome a friendly face and someone I could pass the time with, but so far I have had only one roommate (who didn't speak english) that I felt I could "talk" with.  (How ironic is that?)  Anyways, that is my biggest complaint.  Thanks for letting me get that out.

***3***

I have been thinking a lot about the coverage on Pope Francis's statement this past week and all of the secular and reliious coverage it has been getting.  I definitely think there has been some twisting of words by the media.  Yes, the church is heading down a new road, and yes, it's important we minister to all people without judgement, but I think in my humble opinion what Pope Francis is trying to say is that we need to focus on the people and less on the issues.  We've lost our focus in some ways.  I would like to say first off, that I agree with the pro lifers and defenders of marriage 110%.  I don't think those issues are not worth fighting for, because they are, but when the issues consume us we forget to minister to the people.  Isn't that what Christ called us to do? Be fishers of men, go back for that lost sheep, welcome the wayward son back with open arms? I think that's what he is saying.  Don't forget love.  There is a reason it's the greatest commandment.  There is too much judgement and not enough love.  We all need a lesson is learning to love people where they are at.  The girl who had an abortion, the gay neighbor we have, the annoying roommate (ouch!), or the family member who drives us crazy.  We need to judge less and love more.  Meet them where they are at.  And I have to be honest in saying christians are often not good at that.  We get too high and mighty sometimes and forget that we aren't better than others, rather we are called to love in an even greater capacity.

(Stepping off my soap box)

***4***

My dear friend Lindsay made me a chain link of positive quotes and statements counting down the days until we reach 28 weeks, which was originally when I was going to get to go home if everything stayed stable.  Every day, like a small child awaits their turn on an Advent calendar, I get excited to take the day's link off and see what positive statement she has written for today.  9 more links btw! 

***5***

Fall is my favorite time of year and I am so missing getting to experience all the wonderful things fall has to offer! Apple orchards, pumpkin patches, maybe even Halloween.  Little Noah is going to be saturated in all things fall next year for sure!  Tom and I have a list of all the great things we are going to do next year that we missed out on this year.  My mom did decorate my house so when I get home I will get to enjoy it.  Obviously, I hope I don't get home too early, but I might have to get a few pumpkins up here...

***6***

My niece Morgan has been up to my room to visit me a few times.  She is almost 10, and I have to say no one brings a smile to my face like she does.  I love watching her grow up...I think mostly because she is a mini me.  I get to relive my childhood through her.  She loves crafts, acting, and singing in dancing.  She hates gym class but has the best sense of humor!  She has been at camp for the last few days, and I cannot wait to hear all about it! She loves to text me and use all those silly emojis. (I admit, I love it too!)

***7***

I am laughing today as I look around my room.  My mom has created my own little apartment in here.  They are going to hate the day I go into labor and they have to move all of my crap to a labor and delivery room.  LOL.  OH well, I guess it comes with the job.  :)

Happy Friday to all of you! I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! Enjoy your family and go apple picking in my honor!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment