Friday, June 14, 2013

7 Quick Takes: Take 15

Let's just get straight to it.....

***1***

Today I have been married to my husband for 11 months.  That means one month from now we will be celebrating a year of marital bliss! (Well, mostly bliss...)  We decided to celebrate by returning to Mackinac Island where we went on our first vacation together.   We are looking forward to some time away to refuel and recharge.

Shot from the fort on top of Mackinac Island July 2011


***2***

I am currently in love with the group Fun.  In fact I can't get enough of this song!  I love the Irish twist to it and inspirational lyrics.  It's probably been out for awhile, but oh well!  I just recently fell in love with it!


***3***

I survived my little procedure yesterday at the hospital.  It seems that Baby Bauer is much more secure now that these little stitches are in.  Once again, we had a wonderful experience at Oakwood Hospital and the nurses and doctors were all wonderful and made us feel comfortable in their care.  There was one little hiccup, but nothing major.  I got to experience my first spinal, which is an out of body experience.  Very strange.  And my oh my, that operating room was FREEZING!!!!  They had the most wonderful contraption when I got out.  This little blanket that blows up and fills with hot air.  I would love one of those puppies for home during the winter months. (When I am not pregnant that is...cause God knows staying warm isn't normally my problem with a baby cooking inside.)  Tom and I are relieved this part of the journey is done and we can breathe a little easier knowing our baby is a little more secure. 

***4***

I have decided to dye my hair.  Medium Auburn is the color of choice.  Red heads have more fun apparently.  I need a change so what the heck!  There's only so much you can do with short hair, so why not add a fun color!

***5***

Our cat has definitely figured out that mama is pregnant again.  Anytime I nap or sleep, she has to come and lay right with me, which is not the normal for her.  I do have to say though that she is a bit of a bed hog at times.  It's funny how animals have a sense of such things.  She is my little side kick these days.

***6***

This is the weekend we celebrate the dads in our life!  I have to say I have one of the best dads out there!  He was definitely the first guy in my life.  I have learned so much from him in my 34 years on this planet.  Once we realized that in most ways we are exactly the same we learned to be best buds.  My dad is smart, can fix almost anything in this planet, he's funny, and despite his gruff exterior he's got a heart of gold.  I love you dad!

The second "dad" in my life is my dear hubby.  Although we don't have a little baby to hold in our arms right now, through these two pregnancies I have seen the kind of dad he is going to be.  My husband is gentle, attentive, selfless, and the most loving man I know.  The way he cares for me now assures me that our kids are going to be beyond blessed!  I love you, honey!


I must also give a shout out to my brother, Eric.  When I look at my niece and nephew and see the beautiful kids they have become.  Their great senses of humor, big smiles, creativity, laughter, and hugs reminds me that they too must have a  pretty great dad at home.  Keep up the great work, big brother!
***7***

Looking forward to spending some time relaxing with my 2 favorite men this weekend out at my parents place.  Hoping for some time in the sun and relaxing on the boat. It's summer! :)  Can't wait to make many happy memories!

1 comment:

  1. Glad the cerclage went well. I'll bet it's a big relief to have some added security. Adorable kitty, what's her name? My Vinny is a huge snuggler, but Zoey is not. But the night I got home from the hospital he snuggled with me twice. He must have known I needed some love.

    ReplyDelete