Friday, April 11, 2014

7 Quick Takes:Or maybe not...

It's Friday and it's 7 Quick Takes Day....I'm kind of feeling writer's block this morning, but still feel like writing.  So I will try for 7....but I make no promises.

***1***

For our wedding we got one of those BIG family Bibles.  I had it displayed on a shelf in our guest bedroom where it basically collected dust.  My husband decided it was time that we put it to use.  So we set it up in a more high traffic area in our house and every day or two Tom marks a new passage that we just kind of stop and read as we pass.  I wasn't sure it was going to be effective, but I find myself stopping during my busy day to read the passage and ponder on it...if even just for a second.  Then I look at the picture of Mary and the Child Jesus directly above it...ask for her help and move on with my day.  It's been a perfect little blessing in our home! Good idea, honey!

***2***

Sometimes I really struggle with the isolation that comes with being a Stay At Home Mom.  My neighborhood is mostly older couples or working adults and so some days I look out and there is no movement whatsoever.  The extrovert in me really struggles with this.  Noah is a little more mobile these days as the risk for germs has decreased, but we are also working on his daily schedule and naps are a must! Some days my only solace is checking in with friends on Facebook or some other form of social media.  I am looking for some baby and me type classes, but unfortunately they all seem to be in some other part of the metro Detroit area.  Anyways, I am hoping with summer approaching some things might change and I will feel like I get a little more adult conversation in...

Any ideas of places to go that are infant friendly and aren't shopping??  Anyone up for a play date?

***3***

I have been working on getting more active these past few weeks and I gotta tell you...2 years of bed rest and not being very active has taken a toll on my body!  I cannot believe how much effort a mile is for me these days!  I can feel my muscles complaining that they haven't gotten this much action in a long, long time.  I am determined to rebuild some muscle and continue to get healthier.  It's amazing what a little neglect can do to your body in such a short time.  I use an app called "Map My Walk" to measure how far I've gone.  It's super helpful and encouraging.  I am looking forward to improving my time and shedding some pounds in the mean time, too.  Who knows, maybe I will start  running again one of these days??  Until then...baby steps...

***4***

So a few weeks ago we started putting Noah in his crib for bedtime.  He's really done a fantastic job at night, but he will NOT take naps for any extended period of time in his crib.  It's the darndest thing!?  So it's back to his swing where he will sleep for 2-3 hours at a given time.  Silly boy...

On that same note...my little guy is still not sleeping through the night and I gotta tell you....I am really, really over it.  I love this sweet guy, but 5 months of getting up at least 1-2 times a night is taking it's toll on me.  I am hoping his doctor says we can start cereal soon and perhaps that will help!  Oh sweet, sweet sleep....I miss you.

***5***

So this is a Catholic thing...I always feel bad about decorating for Easter during Lent, but then once Easter has come I don't feel like decorating for Easter.  For many years I just didn't, but this year I did.  Anyways, it's probably stupid and silly, but what's a good Catholic to do? I know, I know...Easter is 50 days after Lent, but I always feel late to the party...

***6***

Running out of topics.....

How about in 10 days Lent will be over and I can go back to shopping at my beloved Target??? I've already started adding my Cartwheel coupons and am anticipating just walking through those beloved aisles taking it all in and hitting up a clearance rack or two! 

***7***

I made it to 7!

In 2 weeks I will be 35 years old! 35?!?!?!  That's just crazy...I'm not sure I like it.


Well, I did it.  I hope I didn't bore you with my 7 random thoughts for this week.  It's going to be sunny and beautiful this weekend! Get out there and enjoy yourselves!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment