Friday, August 21, 2015

7 Quick Takes:Bouncing Around in my Mind

It's Friday and that means it's time for Quick Takes.  I promised myself I was going start blogging again each week, even if it's just Quick Takes.  So although I already put out one blog today (did you read it yet?) I want to stick to my promise and bust out some quick takes before Jonah wakes up.

***1***

Noah left with my parents for his first sleepover at the lake.  That means it's mommy and Jonah time until daddy gets home.  I forgot what one kid feels like.  And although I wouldn't have agreed when I just had my one kid, man is it easy!!!! Especially one kid that is barely mobile.  Gosh, I needed to cherish those days.  Tom and I are looking forward to spoiling our little Jonah tonight while his big brother is gone. 

***2***

Two words....The Don.  I mean what the heck is he doing?  And how is he gaining momentum?  I won't say that he hasn't had some good points, but I'm just not sure that Donald Trump is really the answer for this country. What is this world really coming to?

I'll stick with Ben Carson for now....

***3***

Speaking of the news, I'm sure you've heard about the Ashley Madison affair site that got hacked and just this past week 32 million names were released!  Did you read that??? 32 MILLION NAMES!!!! Ladies and gentlemen, I am beyond shocked and appalled (though maybe I shouldn't be?).  Lord Jesus save us! 32 million MARRIED men and women are using an internet site to have an extra marital affair.  I just can't even....

***4***

And to piggy back on that I'm sure you've also heard that Josh Duggar, of 19 Kids and Counting, was found to be one of the 32 million using that site.  I have so many thoughts on him and his whole situation, but I am certain many people are commenting on that.  He needs no judgement and condemnation from me, though I certainly am devastated for his wife and children, but I think he offers all of us who call ourselves Christians a real lesson.  It's real important that we practice what we preach.  And it's even more important to remember that we are all flawed and sinful human beings.  We have to be careful how we present ourselves and allow ourselves to be portrayed, because frankly none of us are without sin in some way or another.  When we put ourselves out there proclaiming Christ it's important that we strive to be the best version of ourselves and yet humble enough to admit our flaws.  Our pastor at our church always says that a priest is "a sinner called among sinners to lead others to Christ."  That's just it.  We need to always remember where we came from and that is a place of sin that we have redemption in only because of Christ.  We need to be ever grateful of his mercy and sacrifice.  We as Christians also need be real careful not to think we are better than others because of this gift or look down upon others because they may not.  We all have "skeletons in the closet" so to say that need to keep us on our knees in forgiveness and give us patience and understanding with each other.

Many prayers for this family that is certainly living in Hell on Earth right now.

***5***

Ok, on to happier and more positive things...

NOAH IS A FULL FLEDGE WALKER!!!!!!! My little guy took his good sweet time, but as of Saturday he is a walking machine!  Woo hoo!!!!!  He's so proud too.  Mom and Dad are too!

***6***
Yesterday we took Jonah to get his allergy tests done and as I suspected, on top of his peanut allergy he is also allergic to milk and coconut and possibly to eggs. (We will be testing him with some eggs in the coming weeks.)  It is possible that he can grow out of both his milk and peanut allergy in a few years (prayers please) but for now it's not peanuts or milk for a year! Yikes!

So here's where you come in....our little Jonah likes to eat.  Give me your ideas on good filling protein filled alternatives to milk and peanut butter we can feed our little guy besides beans and meat.  I know there are a few veggies with protein out there, but I'm feeling a little lost. 

Help a momma out!


***7***

These past few days have been absolutely beautiful!  Temps in the 70s.  Lovely cool breezes.  Makes me want to put all my shorts and swim suits away and suit up for fall!  Bring on the apples, sweaters, pumpkins, jeans, football, leaves, and candy corn!! Gosh I love fall!  I hope there are many more lovely days like this to come as we enter Indian summer!

But for now, those of you who love summer (and don't get me wrong, it has it's perks) get out there and enjoy this beautiful weekend we are going to have!!  Soak up that sun and drink a cold beer....maybe even do one final cannon ball into the deep end for old times sake!




3 comments:

  1. So, I'm just gonna say it...it was VERY real to me when I was totally overwhelmed with one kid. Very real. So I get it and I sympathize with it. BUT WHAT THE HELL WERE WE THINKING AND WHAT THE HELL DID WE DO ALL DAY?!?!? especially when they were newborns??!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! And it was so quiet here! Like crazy quiet!

    ReplyDelete