Friday, February 22, 2013

7 Quick Takes- Take 2

 
***1***
 
 
It's official.  I am done with winter.  I am done with snow.  I am done with cold.  Apparently there are 27 days until Spring arrives and I cannot wait.  I love Michigan and it's 4 seasons.  I even enjoy the snow for awhile, but end of February/beginning of March it's time for the snow and cold to bid us all adieu!
 
***2***
 
Yesterday, Tom said good-bye to his stepfather.  It was sad, but we are peaceful knowing he is no longer suffering.  I only knew him for a short time, but in that small time I realized he had a very quiet wisdom and love about him and he loved my husband.  Family relationships are complicated, and that's putting it mildly, but I appreciate that on days like yesterday we were able to forget all of that for awhile and honor Robert for the man that he was.  Rest in peace, Dad.
 
***3***
 
Speaking of Spring, I officially have the spring cleaning bug.  Today I was looking around at our home and I have this intense desire to clean out and clean up!  Us Bauers have come a long way, but it's time!  Time to tackle the junk room (yes, we have one of those) Time to tackle our stack of bills and papers that need to be filed and sorted.  Time to tackle our basement and make it into the TV room as planned.  I cannot wait to open windows and air out!! It's time!
 
***4***
 
This week I have felt the old Erin resurface.  It has been just over 2 months since we lost our son.  I miss him like crazy and as his due date (April 15th) approaches, I feel the ache of losing him a little more each day, but I also feel stronger.  I also feel like my brain is working again and the fog is lifted.  I knew I was intensely grieving, but it's only when that grief has lifted a bit that I realized the fog I functioned in for the last 2 months.  My arms still feel empty wishing they could hold my little guy and a piece of my heart will always be with that sweet boy in heaven, but I know I will be OK.  The worst of it is over. 
 
***5***
 
Every Friday my husband works from home.  I love Fridays for that reason.  He works all day in the basement in his make shift office, but it's nice just knowing someone else is here with me.  I like to go visit and bring him coffee, lunch, and steal a kiss or two.  We are so blessed that he has the job he does and is able to be home one day a week.  It always starts our weekends off on the right foot.
 
***6***
 
My husband and I both love the theater!  I am so excited that in the next 2 weeks we are going to 3 different shows!  Tomorrow, a former student of mine is performing in "Damn Yankees" with U of D Jesuit's theater program.  The last performance they put on was spectacular, so I am hoping this is the same.  Then, my husband let me splurge and buy us tickets to go see "The Lion King" at the Detroit Opera Theater.  I have heard it is fabulous and I cannot wait.  Lastly, we are season ticket holders to the Dearborn Players Guild and our next show is "Return Engagements."  Tom is always encouraging me to get back into the theater, and maybe one day I will, but for now, I will enjoy watching others perform.  My niece has also started performing in shows and I pray she takes off in her aunt's love of music and theater. 
 
***7***
 
Lenten update:  We have given up going out to eat for Lent (with a Saturday exception.)  So far, so good!  We are pleased to be saving money we would've otherwise spent on eating out and happy to be eating better.  It is tempting to go out or run through fast food, but we feel good about giving this up.  I still want to work on my spiritual life a bit better, but we have enjoyed Stations of the Cross and a few extra rosaries.  I pray all of you are doing well with your Lenten promises and God is blessing you during these 40 days.


No comments:

Post a Comment