Friday, February 15, 2013

7 Quick Takes

 
 
I love to blog, but I don't always get to blog like I want to, so I decided to jump on the Friday 7 Quick Takes that some fellow bloggers have.  So here we go...7 Quick Takes, Take 1! :)
 
 
**1**
 
Yesterday, was Valentine's Day and my husband and I have also been married for 7 months! (My favorite number, which is surprising because I hate prime numbers normally, but I was born at 7:07pm, and weighed 7lbs and 7ounces, so alas, 7 gets a dispensation)  Anyways, for our 7th anniversary falling on Valentines Day it was a hit!  My husband, who doesn't always excel in the random gift department, spoiled me with flowers, charms for my Brighton bracelet, an iTunes gift card (for all of my books I have been reading of late), AND healthy chocolates!  Then he took me out for a wonderful dinner!  The day was perfect!  He's a keeper!
 
**2**
 
Tom and I are having serious discussion about getting rid of our cable and watching Netflix and possibly Hulu solely.  So, those of you out there who already have gone this route...what do you think?  Do you miss cable TV?  We aren't huge TV watchers, but do enjoy a few shows.  How about availability of current shows online?  We are frustrated with how much we pay for cable a month and think this may be a smart place to make cuts in our budget.
 
**3**
 
Did I mention my husband spoils me?  Well, my lease on my Focus was up and we knew we needed to get a new car.  We pray God will bless us with a family down the road, so we knew we needed to upgrade to more of a family friendly car.  We went to the dealer (Taylor Ford if you are looking for a fabulous dealership in the Dearbon area) and had a price point in mind and a car in mind.  We drove the fancy Ford Edge first (this was our first mistake...never drive the fancy car first) and afterwards drove a few other cars, but nothing compared.  We had to negotiate price for a bit, but finally decided to splurge and go fancy!  I love my new car! It's a great ride, very safe for our future family, and super high tech.  I just have to learn how to not play with it while I am driving.  ;)
 
**4**
 
Last Sunday, Tom and I did something we haven't done since we've been married...sadly.  We took a whole day to just lay around.  Isn't that sad?  We didn't have any plans, both of us were tuckered out from a busy week, and we just watched TV and relaxed.  Tom took a nice 2 hr nap (sleeping is his favorite hobby to date) and I read a book.  We decided that day that we need to carve out a few more lazy days in our schedule.  I definitely need to remember that my dear husband needs days like these.  He is a happier camper when he has time to recharge and reboot! Life gets so busy we forget to take time and rest.  I think God knew what he was doing when he instituted the day of rest. 
 
**5**
 
Lent started on Wednesday.  I think Ash Wednesday is one of my favorite days of the year.  I love being about town with ashes on my forehead as a sign of my faith and beliefs.  I also love Lent as a time to focus on my spiritual walk and to be challenged to grow as a follower of Christ.  This year, besides focusing on getting my prayer life back on track, we are also giving up going out to eat (most days with a few exceptions) and praying a rosary for one family member or friend each night.  We hope that come Easter Sunday we will feel closer to the Lord and proud of our efforts.
 
**6**
 
This week I have noticed a few people on Facebook who constantly post negative or condescending posts.  I find it so aggravating.  I even unfriended someone because I was so sick of it! (Gasp! I know...so mean.) It has also made me aware of what I post.  I love Facebook, I think it's a great tool to connect with people, but for those of you who are constantly telling people off on Facebook or complaining.  Stop! It's annoying!  (And I hope you won't be the next victim in my friends list...)
 
**7**
 
Last week, I finally went to an allergist.  Besides having a shell fish allergy (which we knew already) I apparently have a high allergy to dust and mold (who doesn't right?)  But for a woman who is a less than stellar house cleaner this isn't good.  Oh well, back to cleaning.  On a positive note, you can all rest easy that I now carry an epi pen (damn, they are expensive) BUT if I happened to go into anaphalactic shock, hopefully someone can save my life! I even have a training pen if you are interested in learning how to administer it! It involves stabbing me, which may be fun for some of you!  Apparently though, you cannot stab me in the buttock with it...the papers remind you several times of this fact.  So even if I am a pain in the butt...you cannot return the favor!
 
TGIF everyone!!  Have a great weekend! :)  Blessed Lent to all of you Catholics out there (and those of you of other faiths celebrating Lent)  

2 comments:

  1. welcome to the quick takes.
    2- we tried to cancel cable, but after like, a month, I threatened to leave Aaron unless we restored it (I am a huge tv watcher). so, we got it back. But we have basic cable through brighthouse, it saves a lot of money.
    4- Pajama days are the best days ever. I actually REALLY feel like I need them to be happy the 100 or so days in between the 'recharge' day.
    6- I was just thinking I have been a bit too 'sassy' on facebook. Using words like, 'idiot' and 'stupid'. So, I am going to work on that this Lent. but it is so hard when people are stupid idiots ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2- We are doing the Netflix, and I do miss watching my crazy Housewife's on Bravo, it seems to work for us now...and it lets you know when new seasons are added on to :)

    ReplyDelete