Friday, July 12, 2013

7 Quick Takes:I'm Back!


It's been a busy couple weeks and I realized that I haven't done my quick takes in a few weeks! I am sure you were all disappointed and just waiting with baited breath for my return! Well wait no longer!

***1***

Well, I think I will start off with the biggest news!  We are 2 days away from celebrating one glorious year of marriage!  I really can't believe how much I've learned about being a wife in this past year.  I can honestly say that my husband has taught me how to be a better woman and wife.  He's tried to help me learn "not to sweat the small stuff."  My husband has taught me about being a team and learning to ask for his help.  My husband has taught me how to fight fair and calmly (most of the time) and my husband has shown me the closest thing possible to Christ's unconditional love.  I can honestly say I love my dear husband more and more each day and I can't imagine a better man in my life.  They say the 2nd year is the hardest (especially adjusting to a new born) but we are going to do our best to make it an even better year!


***2***

Speaking of our anniversary, part of our wedding package was that we get a free cake on our first anniversary that is the exact same cake as our wedding cake!  Well, TODAY IS THE DAY!! I think we might be most excited about this part of celebrating our anniversary! My husband especially!  He loves cake!!! (And any other dessert there is out there...)


***3***

This week Tom and I sat down and did some family financial planning.  We were inspired by our friend Mary who just celebrated being debt free on Dave Ramsey's show in Tennessee.  Luckily, by comparison to many Americans, we aren't in major debt, but we do have some and we would really like to eliminate as much as we can.  Especially those pesky store cards with ridiculous interest rates!  So we sat down and made a plan and are both excited to tackle this debt in the next year.  We already started by paying off Kohl's this month.  (I know they are going to miss me....)  We went last night and bought Dave Ramsey's book and workbook and hope it will keep us on track and excite us to stay serious!


***4***

Part of our financial plan led us to looking at what we spend frivolously.  And looking at the past month we realized that we were eating out WAY TOO MUCH! So we decided to cut ourselves down to eating out only 2 meals a week.  So it's back to Pinterest for me!  I actually do enjoy cooking and don't know why we got so out of habit (other than pregnancy nausea and fatigue.) 

***5***

Tonight to celebrate our vacation and anniversary we are going on a little dinner/dance cruise out of Wyandotte on the Detroit River.  There is a Beatles's band playing and I went out and bought a special outfit to wear that doesn't involve a cotton tshirt!  I am looking forward to a romantic cruise on the river just my hubby and me!  I will be packing my anti nausea medicine just in case!

***6***

Although I am as sick of the rain as the rest of you, I have to tell you that it has done wonders for my garden!  Since this is my first year planting a garden so I was a little nervous!!  Needless to say I haven't had to do a darn thing and my tomato plants and herbs are flourishing!  One positive shout out for the rain! (Our water bill thanks you too!)

***7***

Our cat makes me laugh every day!  Today she is extra cuddly and sweet!  She honestly makes me smile every day!



Well folks...we are off to the bowling alley with Tom's niece and nephew! I get to be the cheerleader and Uncle Tom gets to show the kids his skills!  Have a great weekend everyone!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm gonna combine two comments in one post. First, I get your anxiety, I cannot imagine how aware of numbers you are. Annd, for real, I would like to punch whoever said that about you and your pregnancy in the face...movin' on.
    YAY Dave Ramsey. First card we paid off? Kohls, followed by my 'bad decision loan' that I took out second semester of my senior year for 1000 so that I could have money to be social (WTF?!?!?!). Also, eating out was KILLING us too. Can you imagine we dropped our 'eating out' budget to just fifty a month? And even that, for some is too high. We do dinner once a month out now. The good thing is, it really makes us appreciate it!
    AND, have a blast tonight. Prayers for no nausea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. being Debt free is awesome! I got there once pre-D and plan to get back there as quickly as I can. Thankfully I only owe my parents at the moment.

    Happy Anniversary!!!! Keep moving in the right direction and being positive.

    ReplyDelete