Friday, July 19, 2013

7 Quick Takes:Take 17...17 Weeks Pregnant (and 5 days)

Isn't that convenient that my Quick Takes have aligned with my weeks in pregnancy??  17 weeks and 5 days pregnant! Amazing that we are nearing the half way point!  It's Friday and once again my hubby is working from home today.  I love having some company...especially these days. So let's do this!

***1***

Speaking of pregnancy, there has been a lot of pregnancy talk these days!  First, a friend of mine who has been trying for a very long time to get pregnant just let a few of us know that she is expecting!  I can't remember the last time I was so excited for someone!! God is so good!  Another friend of mine, Mary, is at the end of her 7th month of pregnancy and really struggling with insomnia and a slew of other pregnancy issues.  She needs our prayers! Another young girl from our church found out she's pregnant, and I pray God will bless her with the full knowledge and responsibility needed to care for a child.  Another friend of mine is going to get an ultrasound today after some scary bleeding earlier this week.  She too knows the pain of losing a child and I am praying that everything is OK.  Finally, I heard of another baby taken to heaven this week.  Pregnancy is something else! It is the most beautiful and awesome responsibility out there, but I will say as I have said before, it is not all bows and butterflies.  It's hard work, it's scary, and it is not for the weak of heart and mind. 

***2***

I wanted to update you all on my pregnancy as well.  This Monday we went to the doctor and although nothing looked horrible, my cervix was slightly opened and shortening.  I cried in frustration once again and after seeing both of my doctors in a mere few hours, I came home to begin my latest adventure in modified bed rest.  Thankfully, I am still able to move about and am not completely glued to the couch, but I do spend roughly 75% or more of my day on the couch or in bed.  It's really frustrating and lonely.  I look forward to times when I can get out of the house and sit at someone else's house.  I try to limit my walking as much as possible, but I am trying to keep my sanity as well.  It's frustrating.  Last night, I was sitting outside watching my husband pick up a boat load of bark that our tree keeps dropping for no apparent reason and then do a variety of other odds and ends and I just started crying.  There are weeds to be picked and chores to be done and I can do any of them.  You may think that sounds lovely, but it really isn't.  Tom works long days and does what he can once he gets home and I do have some other help that comes in, but it is frustrating to just have to sit.  My neighbors must think I am the laziest person on the planet.  Regardless, it's for a good cause.  Please offer a little prayer for us.  Especially that my cervix stabilizes and that little Noah stays safe.

***3***

Friday, before all the drama began, Tom and I took a trip down the Detroit River.  It really was so, so enjoyable! We celebrated one year of marriage and spent time with each other.  We enjoyed some fine Beatles' tunes, took in some beautiful sights, and snuggled up as we made our way down the river.  Apparently, the USPS delivers on the water! It was so cool to see the little boat come our way and then deliver our pizza just as we went under the Ambassador Bridge.  The city of Detroit looks way cool from the water and you almost forget that turmoil it is in as you take in the sights and lights.  It was a perfect date and celebration of surviving a year of marriage.







***4***

I would just like to say to all of you who whined about the cooler temperatures we had earlier this summer.....ARE YOU HAPPY NOW??? That's all....

***5***

Tom and I continue on our journey of Dave Ramsey's "Total Money Makeover."  We have learned a lot already and of a lot of his no-no's we are doing pretty good....other than buying cars and leasing them.  Hmmmm...we will have to revisit those decisions later.  We've been eating at home and I've been spending less and it feels pretty doggone good so far.  It has also opened up a greater communication about our finances, which is very important.  Now it's only been a week, but I feel like we are building some good momentum! Wish us luck!

***6***

We have 2 celebrations to attend to this weekend.  (I can't wait to get out of my house and sit at someone else's house!!!)  Tonight we get to celebrate one of our favorite 1 year olds! Yay Judah!! And tomorrow we get to celebrate my cousin Jessica's graduation from high school! She received a scholarship for softball to Uof M-D (both Tom and my alma mater) and we are very happy for her! I can't wait to be around good friends and family even if it is for a short time each day!

***7***

This past weekend my husband also pushed me in a wheelchair around 2 street fairs.  It was lovely! (and stinkin hot!) We bought mostly books for Noah!  We both are suckers for good books.  My favorite is "A is for Ark: Noah's ABC book"  He sure is going to be one lucky little boy!

Well folks, that's all for now!  Sunday's high is 79!!  Enjoy the cool off!  I can't wait to open up our windows and let some fresh air in!  For now, however, I am more than grateful for our central air!  A life saver!

1 comment:

  1. Bed rest only sounds good until you have to do it. Then it's the last thing you want to do. Hang in there :)

    ReplyDelete