Friday, August 9, 2013

7 Quick Takes: 7 Things I wish I was Doing

This is Take 20 and this has been a one heck of a day! I started off cranky and have ended my day flabbergasted at the absurdity of this day and this pregnancy! Before anyone panics mama and baby are doing just fine! Well, baby is just fine and at no risk.  Mama is overwhelmed with doctors, pharmacies, and bed rest!  So today for my 7 Quick Takes, please go with me to 7 happy places I'd like to be right now.

***1***

Let's pretend I am not pregnant for a second. To be honest, I'd like to start at a bar stool.  Beer in my hand, ((cough, cough)) cigarette in the other hand, and some good tunes playing in the background.  (Don't worry, my husband would knock the cigarette out of my hand almost immediately...but I'd like to go back to my college days for just a bit.)  I would love to just chill and relax, maybe dance with my husband, and just laugh over my Labatt Blue.


***2***

My husband and I dreamed tonight about getting in the car and heading to a really nice hotel, one with a great hot tub, room service, and a lush King size bed.  We'd like to jump in the pool and swim a few laps!  We would love breakfast in bed and free HBO! :)

***3***

Next up, on a beach with a great view of the sunset.  I would love to hear the waves of the ocean coming in and watch the beautiful pink sky, snuggled under the blanket with my hubby.

***4***

What I wouldn't give right now to be pushing a red cart around with a pretzel and slushy around my favorite store in the entire world...Target.  I would go up and down every aisle, check out all the clearance end caps, and buy some things I need and somethings I just want.  My Target Debit card isn't getting nearly enough action these days!

***5***

I would go to Mass.  I miss my church family and I miss receiving Jesus in Word and Eucharist.  I can't sit upright for that long, so right now I have to fore go Mass, but I would really love to go.  You don't realize how vital church is to your life until you can't go!  I really miss it!

***6***

I would love to be taking a walk around my neighborhood.  Checking out what everyone is doing with their yard, getting a big breath of fresh air, and getting some exercise.  I would water my flowers and pick my tomatoes.

***7***

Finally, I'd love a nice night at a great restaurant with some of my closest friends!  A bottle of wine (for them of course) some appetizers, some really good bread basket, and maybe a steak or chicken piccata.   We would of course follow it with dessert and a mug of coffee!

Ok, ok...I got that all out.  In reality, I have a lot to be thankful for.  Bed rest is not the greatest thing in life, but I am home, I've had lots of visitors and people caring for me.  My son is squirming and healthy.  I have a great husband who has helped me survive this despite working full time and worrying constantly about us.

2 comments:

  1. Great attitude, though I am sure in your private moments it's got to be very hard. You sound like you're handling it much better than I would if I end up on BR. Hang in there, and think about how amazing doing all those things will be when you finally get to do them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh, beer and a cigarette! I can't imagine. My husband would not marry me until I quit (and I am so thankful for that) but we have the most morbid pack. When my dad passes away, I am allowed to smoke. Just for those few days, with my whole family in, etc...at funerals, we smoke and drink, it's what we do.

    ReplyDelete