Friday, August 16, 2013

7 Quick Takes: Take 21

We were up early for our weekly doctor appointment with my OB so I am ready for my nap before my visitors du jour show up starting at 2pm.  But I know you would all be sad if I didn't publish, so I figured I would shoot these out first.  (Aren't I kind?)

***1***

Speaking of visitors!  This has been the week of visitors.  I have been so blessed to have so many friends and family stop by this week to keep company.  I've hardly had any time to feel sorry for myself or to get bored.  All my visitors have also spoiled me with all sorts of good foods and sweets!  I laughed this morning when I gained 2lbs in the last week.  (Not to worry, I have only gained a total of 9 lbs this pregnancy...which is a very healthy weight gain.  I was probably due for a weight gain anyways.)  I have been really touched by everyone's kindness and generosity.  Noah loves the sweets just like his dad and dances around each time mom indulges.  It's been a really good week for us.  I am feeling so encouraged and feel we can really do this!  Thank you to all my visitors!  :)

***2***

One not so good thing about all the sweets and goodies is I failed my preliminary gestational diabetes test this week. :(  It's probably just a coincidence, and I only failed by 2 measley points, but regardless, I failed.  So I am on to my 3 hour glucose tolerance test in the next few weeks to see if I have gestational diabetes.  Ugh.  Oh well, I guess with my track record it's to be expected and I don't have the best family genes or physical health right now, but I would love prayers to pass this one!  I really don't feel like messing with shots for the rest of this pregnancy!

***3***

On to shots...no, not the Jim Beam kind of shots, the super long needle shots.  Well, I have a stupid urinary tract infection that won't go away!  And as my luck would have it, no oral antibiotics will fight off the strand of bacteria I was lucky enough to contract, so after a fight with our insurance company, trips to multiple pharmacies, my husband and I acquired a new skill this past week.  My poor husband, who isn't a fan of all things medical, had to give me shots twice a day!  He was a real trooper and did a  great job, despite the shots hurting like hell each time the meds went in.  We are waiting for results to see if it's all gone! Next up, daily IV's from a home health aid nurse if it won't go away....the fun never ends here!



***4***

Speaking of fun things going on this house....my son has really gotten active and big enough that mom is enjoying feeling her little guy more and more!!  Nothing gets him moving more than a cup of decaf in the morning, mom's favorite tunes, and as mentioned some good sweets.  I really enjoy feeling him (except when he decided to dance on my bladder last night and I had to pee every 15 minutes.)  I can't wait until he gets a little bigger and his daddy can feel him moving too!  He is a bit of a show off like his mom however, and decided to do a somersault during our ultrasound this morning!  I think I better start saving for him gymnastics classes starting now! This kid's got talent!

***5***

In celebration of good news at the doctors this Monday, we decided to go ahead with starting to put together Noah's room.  My dad and hubby put his crib together and my mom started setting things up and cleaning out any non-baby items from his room.  Every time I get up to use the bathroom I peek in there and it makes my heart sing.  Although everyone assumes that we are going to do a Noah's Ark theme since it's our son's namesake, we decided to go with a robot theme instead.  The hubster is a gadget guy so, we hope Noah will take after his dad in love of all things technology related.  Plus, they really have some super cute baby boy robot accessories!  Here's a sneak preview of some of the preliminary changes to his room!  To celebrate 22 weeks on Sunday I think I may order a few things for his walls and his dresser this week!  It stinks I can't be in there doing it all myself, but I get to enjoy it!

    



***6***

We also have decided to go ahead with my baby shower.  We had always planned to have it early before my mom went back to Florida and with the likelihood of me making it full term it seemed to make most sense.  I will have to sit in my antigravity chair the entire time and it will be a big day for me, but I am excited to celebrate and act like we are having a somewhat normal pregnancy...even if just for a few hours.  My mom has been hitting up Pinterest and is excited to be able to do this for Tom and I. 

custom Robot night light Robot CUSTOM PAINTED. $11.99, via Etsycom from KyrshasCreations.

***7***

I think I might be coming down with a cold!  Boo.  I guess that's more reason to nap and take it easy on the couch.  What else do I have to do??

Ok, I am off to my nap before my next round of guests shows up in a bit!  Have a great weekend everyone!!  Toodle-loo!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck on the 3 hour, fingers crossed that you pass. But I had GD with Kayla and I am sure I will have it again, so if you have any questions feel free.

    ReplyDelete