Friday, August 2, 2013

7 Quick Takes: Take 19

Ok..so if you are counting, I didn't QT last week, so technically this is 18, but I am trying to keep it lining up with my weeks of pregnancy and since this is the end of week 19 I am going to stick with that!! 

***1***

I am going to start off with the most exciting quick take in my eyes!!  So, as we approach the viability marker (24 weeks) and also the time in which I delivered Jackson (23 weeks) I find myself becoming increasingly more anxious.  I have texted my doctor at least 3 times this week alone.  Every little pain or abnormality in my mind leaves me freaking out and texting her to see if I am ok.  So, I don't feel little Noah move all the time yet, but I usually feel something here and there.  Well, it had been at least a day since I felt him so I immediately freaked out.  I kept praying last night for God to tell my little boy to give me a good swift kick, but he didn't.  So, this morning I once again got out my home fetal heart beat monitor.  Up until now I was unsuccessful at hearing any thing.  I think my extra padding makes it a little more difficult.  But after searching around this morning I finally heard his little heart beat.  It was quick and strong!!  I yelled for Tom to come up so daddy could hear it too! We smiled!  Then once I took it off, Noah kicked me.  I think he was saying "I'm all good in here, now leave me alone!"

***2***

Speaking of pregnancies...Sunday I will be 20 weeks!  That's right the half way point!  And although we only dream of making it to 40 weeks, it's still exciting to make it to this milestone!  4 more weeks until viability...8 weeks until my little guy has one helluva chance of surviving without any major issues! We of course hope to make it into the 30's!  I read a fact online yesterday that 1 day in the womb equals 3 days in the NICU.  So we gotta keep buddy boy cooking for as long as possible.

***3***

So what have I been doing to keep myself busy on bed rest, you ask?  Well let me tell you!  I have been trying to find a craft or something to work on.  I used to cross stitch with my mom when I was a little girl and I happened to mention this to my friend, Katie.  Well she happened to be at Joanns the other day and found the most perfect, most adorable little cross stitch pattern that said "Pray without Ceasing" and had a little boy praying with the hands of his mother.  Perfect, right??  So yesterday, I decided to start it!  Wowsers!!  This isn't one of those simple patterns my mom gave me!  This is the super advanced cross stitcher's patterns.  So once I finally figured it all out, called my mom a few times, and read the directions several times I finally started.  It was slow and tedious, but it's starting to come back to me.  I can't wait to get it finished!

***4***

What else have I been doing?  Besides TV, Facebook, Pinterest, and the internets in general?  Oh, I've been relearning my French.  Both the hubby and I used to be pretty fluent in French and both have traveled there as students, but as the old mantra goes...."If you don't use it, you lose it."  So the great Katie told me about this free app she has Duolingo that you can learn a language on.  So I have begun brushing up on my francais once again.  Tom says once we both get good at it we are going to go back to Paris one day!  That sounds tres bien to me!!

***5***

I know for all of you mothers with young kids out there are really disgusted with this summer weather.  Not great weather for pools, out door play dates, and all that other fun stuff you do in the summer.  But for me it's been kind of great!  Being stuck in the house for 3 weeks strictly, sometimes the walls cave in.  So being able to open the windows and let the fresh air in has really made a big difference.  Plus, all this rain has made my garden grow just beautifully.  My tomatoes are green and getting ready for picking.  I have only had to water my garden 3 or 4 times total this summer.  Thank you mother nature for helping us save on both our water and electric bills this summer!

**6***

This week's cravings...because I know you are dying to know!  Sloppy joes, Doritos, Jolly Ranchers, FRUIT!!!, and Zingerman's Brownie Bites.  Thankfully my dear husband has been a rock star and I have had all of them!  My mom gets the credit for the sloppy joes, however.

***7***

I have to give a special shout out to 2 people who have made my life here on bed rest much more pleasant this week.  First up is my mom.  My mom came in for 3 days this week and kept me company.  While here she did all of our laundry, went grocery shopping for me, and made meals for us so that I only had to heat things up all week.  It was also super nice to have company while Tom was gone each day.  It sure made things a lot less lonely.  My second big shout out goes to my friend, Katie.  She has been my number 1 cheerleader this pregnancy!  She is always there to listen to me whether I am crying, laughing, freaking out, or just bored.  I already mentioned all she's done to help keep me busy, but she also brought me a frozen coffee this week and brought her sweet Josie along, who always brings a smile to Auntie Erin's face.  As she was leaving I was telling her I had no fruit in the house and it was all I was craving.  An hour later she showed up with a box full of fruit for me!  It was so yummy and I was truly touched by her kindness. 

Katie and my mom are just 2 of the people who have touched me this week, however.  My neighbors help out and are constantly asking if we need anything from the store, a friend from church stopped by with his munchkins to make me smile, my Aunt Nancy came by for a visit (with caramel chocolate cupcakes in tow), and countless people have texted or called to check in on me.  Some days I don't know how many more weeks I can survive bed rest, but it's the great people in my life who keep me going!  Tom and I truly are blessed!

Well, we are off to one of our routine doctor's appointments this afternoon.  I am looking forward to getting out of the house and seeing my little guy on the screen.  I am bringing my doctor some treats today! She deserves them this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment