Friday, December 6, 2013

7 Quick Takes: Almost 2 Weeks Later....

The Tuesday before Thanksgiving our wildest dreams finally came true and we brought our sweet boy home from the hospital after 65 days in the NICU.  Our world has gone a little topsy turvy (in the best possible way) since then, but we are enjoying every minute of it....(Well, the 3am-5am time slot not so much if I am being honest.)  So after a bit of a hectic morning, my little buddy is asleep on his boppy next to me and I thought I would take a moment to blog.

***1***

In college I decided to stay home after visiting a college for a weekend and realizing that dorm life wasn't for me.  You see I have always been a person who needs sleep.  Early to bed and early to rise is my mantra and dorm life doesn't really support that. When I had to finish a last minute project or paper, after midnight I was toast.  So I would go to bed and wake up at 6 to finish.  That was so much  better than staying up all night for me.  So when I became a mom I was really worried about the lack of sleep thing.  I am a real jerk when I don't get enough sleep.  Well almost 2 weeks later, I am undoubtedly tired, and the middle of the night shifts are definitely a struggle, but I am surviving! In fact, I am doing better than I thought.  We still have to wake Noah every 3 hours for feedings so he continues to gain weight, and I dream of the day he sleeps through the night, but for now, we are doing it! Phew....

***2***

I am happy to report in the 2 weeks that Noah has been home, I have lost 4.4lbs!!  I am pretty proud of myself especially since I am a stress eater to the core.  Maybe that 5lb weight I am lifting all the time is helping me burn calories? ;)  I keep thinking about the next 3 weeks and what my weight loss goal is going to be for over the holidays.  I am very committed to losing weight and don't want to be a statistic when it comes to weight gain during the holidays.  I think my goal is going to be just not to gain anything.  That way I can still indulge and enjoy the holidays, but keep it within reason!  Praying those Christmas cookies don't kill me!

***3***

I love this time of year! Yes, we have a newborn at home, but it was important to me that we had our decorations up and we could be able to join in the celebration!  There are 3 things I love about this time of year. ONE: Christmas cards!  I know it's quickly becoming a lost art, but I love going to the mailbox each year and seeing the different cards from those I love.  I really love seeing photos of my friends kids and hand written notes from those I haven't heard from in awhile.  I love Christmas cards and am picking up ours tonight! Can't wait to send them out! TWO: Christmas Cookies! :) I am not the biggest sweet eater, but I love cookies! I especially love them at Christmas time.  My friend, Adrienne, always makes her shortbread this time of year and I cannot wait for it's arrival.  The problem with Christmas cookies is just that...I like them too much.  I can pop them in my mouth like they are nothing.  Hmmm, this year's challenge for sure.  THREE: I am one of those weird people who actually love to wrap gifts! I love embellishing them with fun ribbons and bows.  Each year I pick matching wrapping paper.  This year I am wrapping in butcher paper and stamping names in place of tags.  I love seeing all the presents under the tree. 

***4***

Noah is getting baptized on 12/22! We are so excited about this! The craziest thing is that is actually his due date.  It's crazy to think that he's still not even supposed to be here and yet here he sits with me.  This is his coming out party, since other than doctor's appointments Noah doesn't leave the house much.  We cannot wait to celebrate with our church family and our friends and family.  We also cannot wait to give our son to the Lord in Baptism.  We are having everyone back to our home afterwards. What a great celebration after the last year!  Another little saint in training will soon be in our home!

***5***

I have an admission to make.  I have a sick obsession to Target!  Cartwheel, coupons, and my RedCard which gives me 5% off each time and well, I am an addict.  It's become almost a game for me.  I cannot stand to buy almost anything now unless I get some sort of deal.  The great thing is you can combine all of the above to make major savings!  It makes buying things like paper plates and baggies almost fun to buy! Yes, it may lead to buying things I don't necessarily NEED sometimes, but I figure with all the money I am saving on those daily products that it's surely a wash at the end of the day, right?  Anyways, I think Target has hit it on the bulls eye in our home!

***6***

My mom and dad will be here in under 2 weeks!  I cannot wait for my dad to meet Noah finally and for the memories we will all have as a family.  Noah cannot wait for snuggles with Nana.  It's going to be a very special Christmas for us for sure!  Noah is surely a blessed little boy surrounded by a loving family.

***7***

They say a picture is worth a thousand words...so here goes nothing....





1 comment:

  1. Do you know your blog is like, one of my top three to read. I love everytime you post!
    #preach about sleep! People keep saying it gets easier with each kid. Although I don't hate it AS much, I still adore sleep. It's my favorite. And I think probably the biggest sacrifice of children :)

    ReplyDelete