Friday, March 20, 2015

7 Quick Takes:Happy Spring!!



It's the first day of spring finally!! Time for warmer temperatures, tulips popping up, and days spent outside! Here are my 7 random thoughts for this first day of spring!

***1***

My kids are little and day in and out I try to teach them all sorts of things, but these 2 teach me new things every single day.  Let me tell you a little story, yesterday we were heading to my MOPS group early in the morning and as I was changing Jonah I noticed his nails desperately needed to be cut.  So in my usual last minute rush manner I decided to clip his nails.  Well, cutting little kids nails isn't an easy task and when you're rushing it really isn't...well, mommy snipped sweet Jonah's finger.  He began to cry hysterically, I swooped him up, I got blood on my white shirt, he got blood on his and there wasn't time for either of us to change.  Anyways, I felt like the worst mom on the planet and just wanted to hold my little boy.

So what's the point of all of this??  Slow down.  My boys have taught me I need to slow down.  They have taught me that I can't be last minute anymore and that doing things with two little boys takes time.  And I've gotta learn to take a little more time.  When you rush little kids get fingers cut and mommys feel like jerks.  Anyways, another lesson learned.

***2***

Noah is a super picky eater.  He has no problem spitting food out or flight out refusing to eat something, but the one thing Noah will always eat is...quiche.  This kid?! Screw the mac n cheese, the pb&j, and the bananas....not good enough for my kid.  He'll take quiche thank you very much!

***3***

Do you know that at some point every day I think I want to quit breastfeeding? I love it every day too.  Breast feeding is such a commitment and sometimes it's really frustrating.  But the benefits encourage me to keep on going for now.  We supplement with formula each day and that helps give me some relief, but it's hard being the sole middle of the night feeder.  Anyways, I wish I was one of those moms who live and breathe breast feeding, who are able to whip out their boob wherever and when ever with ease and comfort, but truth be told....I'm not.  And that's ok.

***4***

I love other moms.  Twice a month I go to my weekly MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) meeting and I get two whole hours with a table in a room full of other moms.  I cannot begin to tell you what a blessing it has been for me.  Yesterday, we shared and we laughed and we made each other feel like we weren't the worst moms on the planet.  I had bit of a struggle with my Jonah, but all the moms there made me feel better.  They made me feel ok.  I love my Thursday morning MOPS ladies.

The other thing I love about MOPS is each time we go my sweet Noah has the time of his life.  When we leave the daycare workers swoon about how much they love him and how much he's growing.  It's clear they enjoy him as much as he enjoys them.  Yesterday, he sobbed when we got to the car and he realized we were leaving.  I'm glad he loves it so much that it breaks his heart to leave...and breaks my heart to see him so sad.

***5***

Speaking of breaking my heart, Noah also cries each time we bring him in from outside.  We have been so excited to get outside and start enjoying the mild temperatures after a long, cold winter.  Noah's favorite activity so far is to cruise the neighborhood in his car that mommy and daddy push around.  His face is pure joy!  Things have also dried up enough that we were able to make it to the park today for the first time.  He giggled with delight the whole time and enjoyed watching the other kids play around him.  I have a feeling we will be spending a lot of time at our local park with this guy.  I love that we can get out as a family and be active together.  I love that we aren't sitting inside watching TV and instead we are getting fresh air!  I have high hopes for this summer and can't wait to explore all our local treasures with our boys!

"Cruisin the hood. Cries if I take him out.""So much to see!"

***6***

I'm once again really struggling with my weight.  I'm back to my pre pregnancy weight, but truth be told, I was actually 5 pounds less just a bit ago.  Anyways, it's my struggle and being inside with two little boys for the past few months hasn't helped nor the fact that I'm a stress eater.  Anyways, I need some prayers if you have a second.  I really, really need to get healthy for my kids' sake and I need some Divine intervention this time.  I'm really having a hard time getting it together. 

***7***

To piggy back on the above post, I'm trying to work at making myself feel a bit better about myself by dressing the part.  I've recently discovered Jamberry nail wraps and I love that when I take a few minutes to give myself a manicure I love how I feel having some girly looking nails.  I also ordered two pieces of clothing today that I hope will make me feel a little more attractive as well.  Being a stay at home mom is very tempting to stop taking care of yourself and letting things go.  I'm embarrassed to admit that I can't remember the last time I put make up on or where my make up bag even is.  If I make it out of my pjs it's usually to throw on my jeans.  Anyways, I'm working to add some fashion back into my life.  I know that when I do I feel better about myself.  Here goes nothing!

Well, it's 9:30pm, which believe it or not is past my bedtime these days so it's time to publish this ditty and head to bed!  Happy Spring to you all! Get outside this weekend and breathe in some of that fresh air!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment