Friday, May 17, 2013

7 Quick Takes: Take 12

***1***

Let's start off with the thing closest to my mind (and stomach) right now....nausea.  This week started off with a bang!  I have been combating nausea since the very beginning of this pregnancy, but this week as my hormones increased so did the nausea.  I have only vomited once, but in some ways I wish I would and just get it over with!  So both Monday and Tuesday I was basically non functional until 12.  Even though I am a stay at home wife...this is unacceptable.  Wednesday I went to my OB for my biweekly visits and she saved my life! She prescribed me Zofran to help with the nausea.  It's the best thing that ever happened to me!  Each morning I wake up sick.  I pop one of those beautiful dissolving pills (that taste disgusting...who was thinking here??) and my hubby gets me a glass of milk and a few graham crackers.  I usually fall back asleep for a bit and about an hour later I can function!  It's fabulous!

***2***

Speaking of unacceptable things...this weekend I made a BIG decision in my life.  It was time to delete Candy Crush from my phone.  I know! Shock!  I had made it to level 147 and was obsessed with playing it day and night! Ridiculous! There are so many other productive things I could be doing, but was wasting way too much time on stupid Candy Crush!  I can still play it if I go on Facebook, but since I hardly ever go on my computer it will dramatically decrease.  This is why I have always hated video games.  I always vowed that I will never buy a gaming system for my children (we'll see, right?) They suck you in! Anyways...lesson learned.


***3***

This past Friday we had an unexpected visit from Tom's dad from Tennessee.  He needed to make a quick trip to Michigan to pick up some farm equipment he was storing up here.  Although I won't go into details, Tom hadn't spoken to his father for 25+ years up until this past November.  Luckily, the Lord has brought healing and a reunion between father and son and it's been such a blessing to us both.  I was having some friends over that evening so was busy preparing food and the house for visitors, which gave Tom and his dad lots of quality time together. (They got kicked out of the house for the party!) The next day, Tom's dad left early without a good bye, so we called and asked why?  He said he was afraid to cry in front of us.  He is so touched to have his son back in his life.  I love watching my husband reconnect with his father and I know they are both better off because of it. 

***4***

There is an excitement in the air for me these days.  No, not just because I am pregnant, not because of the beautiful weather, but what really has me super excited is this....are you ready?  It's GARAGE SALE SEASON!!!!  I love garage sales.  Ever since I was a little girl my mom would take us to garage sales, and I would have my little change purse and surely I would find some little treasure.  Well, watching all those signs go up around the neighborhood has got me so excited!  I can't wait til my garage sale buddy, Katie, is out of school for the summer so we can start our weekly treks through the hood scouting out those fluorescent signs and flagged houses!  Looking for cheap baby finds this summer.  Can't wait! My change purse is ready to go!


***5***

Every pregnant woman has foods she detests and adores during pregnancy.  So far...here are mine.  DETEST: Any cut of red meat (besides ground beef)  I avoid almost all raw meat, and grocery shopping I must avoid the meat section completely.  Instant gag reflex.  I also cannot think about bananas.  Unfortunately, yogurt also has been cut from the list.  Finally, saltines makes me more nauseous than they help.  (not to mention give me dry mouth)  ADORE: Watermelon is top on the list,  grapes are a very close second, followed by chicken lemon rice soup.  Kroger's honey graham sticks and milk have also saved my life.  Cheese and crackers, grilled cheese, and string cheese are a staple in my first trimester diet.  Since yesterday I have been craving Popsicles, so I am sure those will soon be added to my list of must haves too!


***6***

Today I am excited to meet my grandpa and his wife for lunch.  My grandpa doesn't live too far from me, isn't getting any younger, and yet I don't see him nearly as often as I should.  He is my last surviving grandparent and I want to be sure to spend some more quality time with him.  So I called him up and we are meeting for lunch!  I am really looking forward to it! ( I hope they have chicken lemon rice soup)  :)

***7***

We are continuing to work on our outdoors.  We have gotten rid of lots of weeds, planted a few flowers, and cleaned up the yard.  This weekend I think we are going to start putting mulch down in an effort to control the weeds and make our yard look pretty.  My hubby has to do all the physical labor unfortunately due to my restrictions, but luckily being bossy has never been difficult for me.  ;)  I can't wait for our yard to be spruced up and looking like we actually care. 

 

Well my friends it's time to sign off for another day and get ready for lunch with my grandpa!  I pray you all enjoy this beautiful weekend to come!  Pentecost is Sunday!  I pray the Holy Spirit makes a difference in your life today and for the days to come!  TGIF! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment