Friday, May 24, 2013

7 Quick Takes: Take 13 (Very appropriate for this week)

 
IF I was superstitious I would say that the fact that this is my 13th Quick Take to date would be very appropriate considering the week I've had.  What started out on Monday as a bad morning sickness day turned into the stomach virus from hell, turned into a trip to the ER, turned into a reaction to an antibiotic they gave me for a UTI I had absolutely no symptoms from.  It's been a bad week.  I haven't left the couch much and to be honest I am sick of being sick!  I am praying once the meds that are making everything worse leave my system my Memorial Day Weekend will be looking up. I could probably whine about 7 things in my life right now, but instead I am going to try and come up with 7 positively uplifting things to blog about.  (Try being the operative word...)

TAKE ONE:

One good thing that did start this week off right was my snow bird parents arrived in Michigan on Monday and they will be here for the summer.  It feels good having the whole family back in one state for the next few months. They are hoping to spend a lot more time in town this summer too, so that will be nice to have some company and a friend to shop with for all things baby.  If I can muster up some strength and settle my stomach down we hope to go visit them this weekend for a little bit.  I can't wait to see them and to get out of the house for a little bit.


TAKE TWO:

One thing that has kept Tom and I entertained this week is that our cat, who is an indoor cat, loves to go outdoors.  She is only allowed to go out with a chaperone.  Much to her dislike she doesn't get to go out as much as she'd like so she's taken to trying to figure out how to open the front door.  She knows if she pushes that little lever like we do that it opens, yet she just can't figure out how to get to it.  She  has done quite a few acrobatic moves to try and accomplish this task.  We enjoy watching her and are certain that one day she may just figure it out, which is why the door is always locked.  We think our cat is definitely a genius.  ;)

TAKE THREE:


Getting dehydrated is dangerous for anyone, it is however even more dangerous for anyone who is pregnant, thus our visit to Oakwood Hospital Tuesday night.  One positive side to dehydration is that you can justify eating Popsicles and drinking Gatorade any time day or night.  I have always loved Popsicles so this is a great excuse to indulge on some of my favorite summertime treats throughout the day.   My Gatorade flavor of choice: Lemonade.  It's all about keeping mama and baby safe!


TAKE FOUR:

This past weekend before all above drama ensued, my hubby began working in our yard to combat the weeded flower beds.  We have a large yard and therefore have been slowly mulching and cleaning out all of our flower beds.  What a difference it has made! It is just what out front yard needed.  It's been a slow process because he has been working a lot and I am basically no help, but it's shaping up.  I am so thankful for his hard work.  He's been a trooper this week as well.  It's not very easy being married to me on a normal day, but throw in a pregnancy with an illness and you've got just one cranky mama!  I try to not be a pain, but I know he is earning his way towards sainthood this week...BIG TIME!

TAKE FIVE:

Due to all my recent restrictions I have a lot of down time....a lot, a lot.  And I gotta be honest, some days it kills me!  I like to be on the run and moving.  I don't like to watch hours of TV, which has become the norm recently.  So I need a hobby.  I need something to do.  SO I am throwing it out to all of you.  Any ideas?  It needs to be something that isn't too tedious and requires too much patient because I will just get frustrated and quit.  Preferably I would like to not spend millions of dollars for said hobby, but wouldn't mind some investment.  Anyways, what do you have for me??

TAKE SIX:

Second request....I need some good summer reading.  I've read a lot of christian fiction and really enjoy it, but I also like many mainstream authors as well.  I typically don't read anything full of sex, drugs, and rock n roll.  (Well a little rock n roll is OK...)  I like romantic stories, but prefer something with a different or unique story line...help a girl out!

TAKE SEVEN:

This is the most I've done in 5 days.  I think I will go take a nap!! 




3 comments:

  1. Do you crochet? It is cheap, relaxing, and you make cute things. If you want a lesson, let me know. YouTube is also a great way for how-videos if you want to learn a new craft or skill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you'd like Sophie Kinsella books a lot. There is sometimes a little lovin', but not usually anything that makes me uncomfortable. She's the Shopaholic series author, though I've only read her non-shopaholic books.

    Hobbies...praying? ;) Follow Lloyd? eBay? Making jewelry (too tedious?) you could always start working on that conversion story.... ;)

    PS - the whole 13 thing is superstitious mumbo jumbo! Don't make me have Tim call you!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you ever read any of the Stephanie Plum series from Janet Evanovich? They are easy reading, super funny, and entertaining...about a girl who loses her job and becomes a bounty hunter and has a crazy family/life. They're nice when you want to be able to read something you can pick up and put down whenever and not have to think too much about. Also on the pregnancy issues..I know everyone's body reacts differently, but I was also super sick...had to go to the hospital a few times for dehydration and couldn't keep stuff down for days at a time (my weight was 10 lbs. less immediately after birth than it was before I got pregnant!) Scary stuff. It was easier for me to drink than to eat...so I turned to Atkins shakes (lots of protein and low carbs) and Special K shakes. Also lots of granola bars, and eating smaller stuff more frequently seemed to help. I'm sure everyone's got their advice...I just hope that something will help relieve your symptoms! As for the hobby...have you ever tried/seen quilling? It's a paper craft where you curl strips of paper to make a larger thing. I've never tried it but always wanted to...might be something fun you could make for the nursery! xo...hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete