Friday, February 21, 2014

7 Quick Takes:Don't Get Blown Away!

***1***

Old Man Winter is throwing a new curve ball at us today...wind!  Ugh, praying that we don't lose power.  I know I am not the only one who feels this way, but UNCLE! You win Mother Nature! Now just claim your prize and get the heck out of dodge.  (Or at least Michigan!) The three inches of slush I sloshed through in my tennis shoes yesterday, the ice that made walking anywhere treacherous, and the snow mound at the end of my driveway that I got stuck in...well, it's all just a bit too much! Move on!

***2***

Every single day I want to quit pumping.  Like every time I pump, every single day.  Then I look at that sweet little guy and I know breast milk is so good for him...especially during cold and flu season and so I get my little bottles, my pumping bra, and for 16 minutes several times a day I pump.  But I hate it every single time.  Just thought I would be real about it....

***3***

Let's be positive....one of my favorite things to do with Noah right now is read his books.  He doesn't always pay attention, but I love thinking that we are starting his love of books and reading and building his vocabulary already! Maybe it's all in my head, but I love reading with him.  His book shelf is shaping up nicely.

***4***

So,  believe it or not, Lent 2014 is just around the corner! Yesterday, a friend of mine posted some non-food sacrifices to consider.  Well, I think that's fantastic.  I am always working on food intake and what not, but sometimes I feel like it's a cop out in Lent and not really a sacrifice for me (perhaps for all of you it is....no judgment.)  I considered looking at my social media use...and I still might limit it, but I didn't feel like that was what I was supposed to do.  But then I read his article and I got it! I've complained on here many times how much I hate doing the dishes...so for Lent this year, I am making myself do all the dishes each day before I go to bed.  And each morning I have to empty the dish drain and dishwasher.  It will be a challenge for me, but also better my life and my family's life.  That's at least my sacrifice for  Lent.  I think some exercise and extra prayers (and by extra I mean taking a few minutes each day to actually start formally praying again...enter the Magnificat.) 

Lent is my favorite season in the church calendar.  It always challenges me to be a better person and a better Christian.  I am not always successful with my Lenten offerings, but each year I strive to be better.  I am praying for a successful Lent for all of you, too!  What are you offering up this year?

***5***

After almost 35 years of living in this area I still love the Henry Ford Museum/Greenfield Village.  I never get sick of going there!  I am looking forward to this summer when Noah and I can go walk through the Village and be out in the sunshine! It's such a gem in our neck of the woods!  Yesterday, we met some friends at the museum to walk around and get some lunch.  Noah loved looking at the lights and strolling around in his stroller. (We all miss our daily walks we had whilst in the Sunshine State.)  I imagine it's going to be one of his favorite places for years to come!



***6***

Speaking of places to go....what's your favorite places to take your little ones?  We already plan to get a zoo pass this summer as another cool place to walk around, but what else is good for little guys? After being stuck on the couch all last summer and stuck in the house during this crappy winter we are getting out!! I plan to spend as much time outside as possible.  We are getting a lot of use out of our overpriced baby paraphernalia! We are breaking that stroller in!!

***7***

In 2 months I am going to  be 35 years old.  I can't believe it.  Older and I hope at least a little bit wiser.  It feels like just yesterday I turned 30 and yet so much has changed in the last 5 years.  Met this guy, decided to marry him, moved in with him (marriages work best if you are under the same roof), birthed 2 children, had to say goodbye to one, survived the NICU with the next...I kind of hope the next 5 years are maybe just a little calmer, but that just as much good will come out of it!  Next up 40! Yikes!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, you have had an insane few years.
    As far as places to go, I love parks. Discovering new parks, parks with walking paths, etc..

    ReplyDelete