Friday, March 7, 2014

7 Quick Takes: Here Comes the Sun!

This morning we are sun bathing here at the old home front.  Noah is in his swing soaking up the rays while he sleeps, and our cat is enjoying the fact that I opened the front door and she can look out the glass window! Could it be that Spring is coming? 40 degrees today? It's like a heat wave!

***1***

It's a good thing my son can't read and doesn't have buddies who read my blog either because I have to tell you about how we started our morning.  My little guy is having some irregularity issues these days.  Poor buddy grunts and groans to no avail.  I was talking to a friend of mine who suggested that I stimulate his rectum with a Q-tip and some A & D ointment...she did however warn to be prepared for the "poop fountain."  So this morning when our little buddy awoke straining once again I decided it was time to give it a try.  So we geared up...clean diaper under him, wipes at the ready and the exercise began...Well, excuse my French, but HOLY SHIT! Literally...I see what she meant by a "poop fountain!"  We were all cheering, Noah was laughing, and 4 diapers, 1 onesie, 1 changing pad, and countless wipes later our little guy is feeling FANTASTIC! It's amazing how exciting poop has become in our lives.

***2***

Well, as promised I weighed in the morning for my first official Lenten weigh in.  I will NOT be sharing the number, but I hope that next week I will be sharing just how much I lost.  My goal is one pound a week.  I am hoping I can be focused enough to do just that.  Here goes nothing!

***3***

Lenten promises are a little more challenging with a newborn I am finding.  Last night after dinner I was determined to get the dishes done, but my little guy was fussy and wanted his mom.  I quickly got a few bottles done, but unfortunately the pans remained in the sink and the dishwasher didn't run. And guess what a bad back and crazy day meant my prayers didn't get said either. :( But this morning, instead of feeling defeated I did the dishes and when Noah went down for his nap I said my prayers.  Jesus doesn't require perfection.  In fact, the response I read this morning was "A heart contrite and humbled, O God you will not spurn."  Isn't that just it?  As long as we are humble and trying that's what God is calling us.  We have to be responsible to our duties in life too.  God understands that.  God looks at our hearts and our intentions.  I needed to be reminded of that.

***4***

On a similar note....God also has a sense of humor.  So I gave up going to Target for Lent because it's a temptation for me to over spend each time.  Well, Noah has a prescription that needs to be filled...guess where it's at? You got it! Target.  So today I have to throw myself into temptations hands and go to Target to pick up his medicine.  LOL. Here goes nothing!

***5***

The other night I threw my back out picking up Noah.  I had to call Tom home because I literally could not bend to pick him up.  All I have to say is 1) It sucks getting old. and 2) Thank God for my chiropractor!  Oh, and you can also laugh at what a bum back does for my plans to work out 3 days this week...oh funny Lord.

***6***

I was thinking about the blogs I posted last week.  I realize how much I need to work on so many of them.  I just wanted you to know that I have been humbled this week multiple times by what I wrote and how I need to work on things in my life too.  I truly was writing not only to all of you, but also to myself. 

***7***

I know I write about this often, but I really am so thankful for the girlfriends in my life.  Between phone calls, texts, Facebook, play dates, and so on and so forth...I am so encouraged and thankful for every friend I have.  My friends truly rock and I am blessed to have each and every one of them!

And Noah's awake!  On that note have a great weekend everyone!!!  Lots of love and prayers!  Make this Lent count!

No comments:

Post a Comment