Sunday, March 23, 2014

7 Quick Takes: The Sunday Morning Edition

Good Sunday morning from the Bauer household! :) Noah is falling asleep in his swing, I am working on my second cup of coffee, and Tom is getting caught up on his daily news fill.  It's a pleasant morning here in the Bauer household...just how we like it! Friday was crazy busy and yesterday I wasn't feeling so great, so here it goes with my Quick Takes a few days late....

***1***

Two weeks ago we finally took the plunge and got rid of cable.  It was frustrating us paying so much money for something we rarely used.  Well, I have to say we don't miss it one bit! We do still have Netflix and we are trying Hulu+ out, but I have to say it hasn't effected me one bit and we are thankful for the savings we are going to have each month.  If you are considering getting rid of your cable I can't encourage you enough to take the plunge, too! We are now paying $16 a month vs almost $100.  We did have to buy an antennae, but it's well worth the savings.

***2***

Tom and I are going to a marriage seminar based on Dr. Emerson Eggerich's book "Love & Respect."  It has breathed new life into our marriage and made us realize a lot about our marriage and each other.  I can't recommend the book enough to everyone out there if you are engaged, newly married, or have been married for 100 years.  It really is spot on for the differences between men and women and will bless your marriage, I promise. 

***3***

It's been 18 days since I have been to Target (minus a quick trip to pick up Noah's prescription and a few essential items so I didn't have to make a second trip to another store.)  I am having withdrawal symptoms.  Pathetic.

***4***

How's Lent going you ask?  I would say it is going pretty great!  I am doing pretty great keeping up on the dishes most days.  My prayer life is growing once again and it feels great to take a few minutes to pray and enjoy some quiet with the Lord, and as I mentioned I haven't been to Target or done very much frivolous shopping! (Ok, there was a Carter's mishap, but I am back on track! I swear...)  I am still struggling with my weight and healthy eating unfortunately.  So that's what I am really focusing on this 3rd week of Lent.  No eating out for us! Healthy eating and hopefully a few days of exercise too! The never ending battle....How are your Lenten promises going? It's not to late to readjust and reevaluate!

***5***

Tom and I have made the decision after a horrible summer last year due to bed rest and a very stressful pregnancy that we are not going to be doing a lot of sitting home this summer!  So what are your favorite places to visit in the area?  What are your favorite summer time gems?  We have a pass to Greenfield Village and are planning on purchasing a pass to the Zoo, but what else do you love to do outside in the summer?  What are your favorite parks, cities, and attractions that are newborn friendly?  It's time to break that fancy stroller in, finally!

***6***

Do you watch Parenthood??  Well if you don't you should! It's seriously the best show on TV these days.  Well, the Blacklist is a very close second.  But I love the realistic  story line of Parenthood and how the Braverman's look out for each other.  It's real TV and I fall in love with the family each and every week.  You should too!

***7***

Guess who is 6 months old today??








No comments:

Post a Comment