Thursday, March 13, 2014

7QT:1 Day Early


Good morning...yes, it's Thursday, but tomorrow is a busy day and today we are sticking close to home because it's freezing out and snowy too! So I thought I might as well whip out my quick takes while I have a second! So here we go...Quick Takes: The Thursday Edition!

***1***

Yesterday we got 6.5 inches of snow!  I was really annoyed, but now since we are only 3 inches away from a record of snowiest winters in Michigan I kind of say "Let's go for it!" I mean we should at least get something out of this, right? A record will have to suffice for all the slips, slides, frostbite, and days stuck inside.  Plus, then I can tell Noah that the year I brought him home was the snowiest winter EVER and I was stuck inside with him for months on end! Gotta build my mom guilt stories somehow.  ;)

***2***

As promised, I made myself get on the scale a day early here and report my weight loss/gain.  I have to admit...it's been a challenging week for me emotionally so I wasn't sure if my stress eating was going to hurt me, BUT lo and behold I lost 1.5 pounds! I guess those couple walks and extra chores around the house made the difference and combatted the food splurges.  Plus carrying a 10 lb weight around most of the day is building my biceps for sure!

***3***

Yesterday, I watched the movie FROZEN to see what all the hype was about! I figured I was stuck inside during a snow storm, why not?  Well, once again Disney did not disappoint.  As I said, I was also having an emotional week and going through some personal struggles.  Well when that silly little song, "Let It Go" (you know the one every little girl in America is singing right now?) came on I almost cried.  It spoke right to my heart.  Other than the "the cold never bothered me anyways" line.  Isn't that funny how God can use anything to minister to you?  I spent the rest of the day singing that song!  I have joined the ranks of FROZEN admirers and crooners.  Good job, Disney!

***4***

In my struggles yesterday, I had some realizations.  They are still kind of raw and personal at this point to go into, but a friend of mine had given me a book that I hadn't got a chance to start reading.  In the middle of a mini breakdown I looked over and knew I was given it for a reason.  I started reading it last night and it was just what I needed.  Well played Holy Spirit...you knew just what I was going to need.  Anyways, can you pray for me and my current struggles? Pray for my husband too, as he struggles to put up with me during this time.  Did I mention I married a saint?

***5***

Ok, too much deep stuff, let's touch on the yummy! I have found a new love for pesto!  And, I have created a recipe (after modifying a few Pinterest ideas for an easy and quick version) that I just have to share because both Tom and I love it so much we've eaten it twice in the last week plus leftovers!  So here's how it goes!  (Sorry I don't have exact amounts on ingredients)  I boiled noodles...I used these great curly cue noodles from Target's organic Simply Smart (or something like that) brand.  You can use any noodle that you prefer though a mostacolli type noodle is probably better than a spaghetti.  Ok, at the same time I pan fried chicken breasts in a little olive oil and some spices.  Once both of these were done, I added about 1/3-1/2 cup of basil pesto from Costco and about 1/4 cup of light ranch dressing to the noodles.  (These are approximate amounts...use enough to coat the noodles and to your taste.)  Then I served the noodles, cut up the chicken breasts on top, and topped with some mozzarella and parmesan cheese!!  It is so easy and so stinking delicious! My husband's comment, "I could eat this every day!"  Anyways, give it a try! It's fantastic!

***6***

On Sunday I went to Painting with a Twist with a group of my friends! I cannot tell you how much I enjoyed it!  Five days later I keep looking at my picture with pride!  It was seriously so much fun!  A little wine and a little creativity and some great friends made for a perfect Sunday afternoon! Check out the final product! I will definitely be going back in the near future.  Maybe I found my new calling in life?


***7***

With the help of a Bumbo like chair my little Noah has started sitting up for small periods of time!!  We are both so excited!  Go Noah!!!

Have a great weekend everyone! Enjoy the warming and melting of snow if you are local!

No comments:

Post a Comment