Saturday, March 16, 2013

7 Quick Takes: The Saturday Morning Edition

Yeah Friday's Quick Takes didn't happen....and I have about 20 minutes today before I really must shower and a very busy day takes shape.  But I am giving myself a little break and getting a few things out before I do so.

**1**

I belong to a Women's Fellowship group that meets twice a month on Saturday mornings.  I think it is always the highlight of the week for me.  I enjoy so much getting together with women who share my faith and know what it's like to be a wife and a mother.  I think girlfriends are so important.  I get to go this morning.  I need it.

**2**

Yesterday, my sister-in-law and I had a little outing.  First, we started off with breakfast with another good friend and then we headed down to Hamtramck to pick up some Polish goodies.  We are having a Polish food party here tonight (poor planning the weekend of St. Patrick's Day, but alas, we are doing it up Polish style this year!) I was a little nervous heading to Hamtramck, not the best neighborhood, but found a great little bakery and store.  Marrying a Polish man I need to brush up on my Polish cuisine!  I am hoping we pulled it off!  I can't wait to head back to Hamtramck for some goodies for Easter!  What a diamond in the rough!  It was very nice to spend time with my sister-in-law too!  We don't do that nearly as much as we should!

**3**

I hate March still.  The snow this morning is not sitting well with me.  Go away snow!

**4**

Speaking of getting away from the snow..my hubby surprised me this week with a ticket south!  I get to go see my parents for my birthday.  I really miss them! It's been a trying year for us all and I can't wait to spend sometime with them...well them and the sun and the pool.  My husband knew what I needed.

**5**

I am ALWAYS affected (or is it effected?) by the Fall time change, but springing forward never seems to bother me.  Well this year is not the norm.  I have been a mess this week.  Yesterday, I slept for 3 hours!  I could not keep my eyes open.  It's amazing that one hour change can throw your whole life off!  Ugh, hoping to return to myself here soon.

**6**

I have always loved coffee, but lately I have become a junkie.  I find myself making pots in the middle of the day on top of my morning pot and nighttime cup or two!  I crave it!  Luckily, I have been trying to cut out the caffeine so I have been making more decaf than the real stuff, but man oh man!  I can't get enough!  Luckily, I am a plain coffee kind of girl, not Starbucks or foo-foo coffee drinks, cause that could get expensive quick.

**7**

I could use your prayers.  As Jackson's due date approaches I find myself struggling with grief.  It kind of comes back and bites you in the butt...hard.  Pray for my husband, too.  I know it's not easy being my husband some days and despite my effort to keep it together the truth is that this week I have failed that task. 

We have an incredibly busy weekend, so I better get off, but I pray all of you find some joy in those you love most!  Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment