Friday, March 29, 2013

Where were you?

This morning a dear friend and fellow blogger posted this song on Facebook.  Sometimes we wonder where God is when bad things happen.  I know both my husband and I have struggled with the anger of why God took our son.  In some ways, I think I've just come to accept that it is what it is.  I took it as an act of faith.  I think though I recognized with this song that I neglect to actively acknowledge The Cross. 
 
Christ's Cross is not just something we talk about on 
Good Friday and perhaps Easter, but rather it was a real true moment in our salvation history when Christ died on the cross for MY SINS.  The only reason I have any joy or hope in this world or the next is because Jesus endured the worst pain imaginable on that cross for ME.  And you. And the whole world.  Today I will try to really reflect on that.  Yes, we rejoice Easter morning in the Resurrection, but without the cross there is no resurrection.  We cannot leave out that part and only focus on the good.  "You take the good, you take the bad..." Sometimes Catholics are criticized for having a crucifix up on our walls, but today more than ever I understand why we do.  It doesn't mean we won't have Easter joy on Sunday, but we remember why we can have joy...His dying on the cross brings us hope.  So where does this lead me in my sorrow?  To the cross, to the place where my Lord endured and sacrificed so that I may one day be united with my son.  He doesn't wish us pain in this life, but the reality is that while sin still exists there will always be pain.  We can't avoid it, but when we face it we know that our Lord and Savior has "been there, done that."
 
May all of you remember The Cross of all crosses today and know that our joy on Easter morning is only celebrated when first we endure Good Friday's tragedy.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment