Friday, March 1, 2013

7 Quick Takes: Take 3

 

It's Friday morning and I am whipped!  It's been a busy week for this chick!  (And my house is proof of just how much cleaning didn't get done because of it....thank God we have nothing going on this weekend!)  Here we go!

***1***

It's March 1!  March seems to be keeping true to it's name by coming in like a lion.  It's cold and dreary and the sun seems like it's going to stay hidden today.  Blah!  I hate March.  March is a tease...soon we will have this really nice day and think, "Finally, Spring is here!" and then BOOM another snow storm will hit.  I like April.  April is a much better month (really cool people were born in April.)

***2***

Speaking of Lions, last night I went to the Detroit Opera House to see The Lion King live on stage!  It was spectacular!  The story is the same as the cartoon Disney version, almost verbatim, but the costuming and production is phenomenal!  Absolutely breath taking!  Whoever came up with the costumes and ideas of how to make these animals come alive was a genius!  Pure genius!

***3***

This week I have gotten a taste of motherhood as I have been helping out my sister-in-law by watching her kids while their grammy is out of town.  Up early...lunches...backpacks...naps!  I have gotten most theme songs to the popular toddler shows down pat.  I have cleaned up crayon on the table, made Kraft Mac N Cheese, and buckled a car seat more times than I care to count.  Phew!  I gotta give it to all you moms out there.  This mom stuff is hard work!  Next week is gonna follow suit.  Except Thursday and Friday we are throwing an overnighter into the mix for my other niece and nephew while mom and dad take off for a few days!  Tom and I are being trained and gearing up for a few little Bauers.  (Secretly though...I've loved it!  It's great being an aunt!)

***4***

I need to give a shout out to my husband!  He works really hard at his job and has been taking on more hours and responsibility at his job these past few weeks!  Last night I came home at 11pm from the Lion King and he was downstairs working.  He was so excited about what he was doing and was telling me all about it! (If you read #3 you'll know that I was really trying to listen and take it all in even though I was totally exhausted!!  Poor guy...he just wanted someone to listen to him and I tried...I really, really tried....) I love that he loves what he does for a living!  He is such a great provider for our family and going to work is truly a joy for him most days! He makes me proud.  :)

***5***

Back to March...one reason I actually like March is because of St. Patty's Day!  My friend walked in yesterday and exclaimed how it appeared as if St. Patrick himself threw up in my house.  (She has a tendency to over exaggerate...)  I love my little shamrocks and "Kiss Me, I'm Irish" signs!  My name is Erin for goodness sakes! It's in my genes!  Erin Go Braugh!

***6***

For the first year in a LONG time I don't know if I am going to make it to Florida to see my parents!  This makes me sad for many reasons...I hate Michigan this time of year (in case you haven't figured that out yet) and I really miss my parents.  It's one of the things that stinks about having snow birds for parents.  Luckily, they will be staying in Dearborn this summer so I will get to spend lots of quality time with them. Hopefully, it will be an early spring here in Michigan.

***7***

It's Friday! We have no plans for this weekend!  Just how fabulous is that??  Tha..tha...that's all folks! :)

2 comments:

  1. I love reading each and everyone of your blogs sis :) Writing is one of your many gifts.
    I wish you and Tom could sneak away for a few days here in the sun with us too- we miss you guys so much too :( It is going to be a very special and fun summer..cant't wait! Love you <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how much you love your husband! :) It reminds me of Aaron and I. Also, we are huge fans of musical theater. We din't get to a show this year, but it is nice to live vicariously through you :)
    AND, prior to having my kids, I was pretty much the best aunt ever. Sleepovers, watching them, etc...I remember after weeks with them truly thinking, 'how the HECK am I gonna do this full time with my own'. I think what happens (really) is that after the first few weeks of newbornness (which i can't stand) your body just understands you are never going to sleep again...and adjusts. I was way more tired taking care of my nieces/nephews than I am with my own kids...so that is my theory!

    ReplyDelete